Monday 26 November 2012

Magic Unhinged

Writing:

Today I got to read through the draft of the Law of Kumakatok and like the last time I read it, I'm finding more and more sections to look at and improve. I guess it's inevitable that I ask somebody else to have a look at it and possibly help me edit the piece but for now, I'm still in the process of pushing myself further and polishing it more so that I can at least send a more presentable product. This is a draft and this is the point of having a draft anyway.

I have inundated myself with books on writing before and the gist of it all is just start working on your stuff and practice, practice and practice more. Like all trades, you just have to devote your time and pay attention to what you're doing and try to improve. This is the only way to unhinge more and more of yourself and your mark will become more apparent.

English is not my first language and I'm not really fluent at it, not by a long shot. But I do have stories to tell and my priority is to finalize the stories, put it on paper then fix it all when it's ready to be fixed. I will find ways to make it readable enough and that people who read them will be left with at least a feeling of satisfaction. This is my mission.

On that note, I'm going to continue re-reading the draft after this blog entry.

Comics:

Here's another concept art by Jann Galino:




At this point I won't be giving too much details on the characters (though if you're a Filipino, you'd know that this is a tikbalang) but I'll be doing that one of these days once I've organised things more.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment